When you think of Valentine’s Day, what is the first thing that pops into your head?
Is it cupid flying around shooting little love arrows? The sweetheart candies? A couple holding hands? Red roses?
One of the first thing that pops in my head is chocolate! Sorry Scott, I love you everyday anyway so you are not necessarily the first thing that pops in my head 😉
So when Valentine’s Day rolls around every year, the craving for rich decadent gooey chocolate hits hard.
When only the best of the best will do, I make these brownies. They are intensely chocolate with semi sweet mini chocolate chips in every bite, a nice crumbly crust on the top (thanks to a little baking powder), and drum roll please……… rich chocolate fudgy goodness in the middle (thanks to not letting them cook quite all the way). Toothpick should come out almost clean when judging for done-ness.
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2½ cup white sugar
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup butter
- 1 tbls vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix dry ingredients together: cocoa powder, sugar, flour, baking powder, mini chocolate chips, and salt
- Melt butter and mix with other wet ingredients: eggs and vanilla
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners and pour in batter almost to the top of each. About 1-2 cm away.
- Bake at 350 for 20-24 minutes.
Brownies are done when toothpick comes out mostly clean or according to your preference for how fudgey or done like your brownies. For me, it took 22 minutes in a silicone muffin tin with cupcake liners.
Alternatively, bake for 30-35 minutes in buttered casserole dish.