I love french toast. Its a quick and easy warm filling breakfast, and I wanted a quick and easy way to spice it up. This blue berry syrup transformed these regular joe pieces of french toast into a culinary delight, just bursting with maple syrup infused with rich fruity blue berries. I bet you could use other types of berries as well.
I just cooked and crushed 3/4 cups berries and added 1/4 cup of maple syrup, then poured it over my toast with a sprinkle of cinnamon and handful of fresh berries. The whole process of making my toast and my fancy smancy syrup took a whopping 10 minutes. I felt like super chef, it certainly tasted like a seriously super chef made it, and you can too! This made enough for 2 people who really like to pile on the syrup, as pictured.
- ¾ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- cinnamon (optional)
- Rinse off berries and heat in saucepan until easily crushed.
- Crush until most of the berries have burst
- Add syrup to blue berries and heat until warm
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon and any extra fresh berries