Orange Cottage Cheese Dessert is addictive. Just knowing that it has the goodness of protein and is light on the sugar makes this dessert practically guilt free. Its my favorite way to eat cottage cheese, and I don’t feel one bit bad about eating it for breakfast!
This recipe has been around forever so I don’t know the original creator, but I got this recipe in high school from a elder woman who went to my best friend’s church. One bite of this dessert and I just had to get the recipe from her. It was so easy I didn’t even need to write it down. It has five ingredients, takes five minutes to make, and requires no baking or cooking. Add in the taste factor and this recipe gets five stars. This cottage cheese fruit salad is the perfect dessert to whip up for a pot luck dinner when short on time.
- 15 oz can mandarin oranges, in natural juices
- 20 oz can crushed pineapples, in natural juices
- 24 oz cottage cheese
- 1 pack sugar free orange jello
- 8 oz lite cool whip
- Mix jello with cottage cheese
- Drain oranges and pineapples then mix in with cottage cheese
- Fold in cool whip
- Chill in fridge until ready to serve