3 ingredient cobbler! Say what? Nothing is that easy…, well it is, and it is really awesome. Delicious doesn’t always have to be complicated. It is super easy to make; you don’t even have to mix it. It simply consists of frozen berries (blueberry, blackberry, or raspberry), a white cake mix, and soda. I did add a little extra water… so maybe I should say 4 ingredients.
I was spending the day with one of my favorite people (my dad), and I wanted to make something with him from some spoils of his garden. I took out 3 cups of frozen raspberries he had picked for me back in the summer and made a couple super easy cobblers. One we took one to a friend on her baby’s predicted due date, and she tells me that between her and her husband, they knocked it out in 24 hours. Success! A few days later, the baby arrived healthy and beautiful! I am not saying the cobbler had anything to do with it, but I may just have to eat cobbler all the time if I am ever expecting. Heck, I think I would like to eat this cobbler everyday just because. If only it had the same nutritional profile as a carrot.
Berries are good for you though…
- 3 cups frozen raspberries
- 1 box white cake mix
- 12 oz soda, blackberry izzy
- ½ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Pour berries in large casserole dish or two small ones, so that berries are about an inch deep.
- Pour dry cake mix on top of berries, do not mix
- Pour soda and water evenly across top of cake mix, do not mix
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover, and if there are any big chunks of dry exposed cake mix, press down with fork
- Bake uncovered for another 30-45 minutes or until top is browned.