On a cold morning, there is nothing better than sipping hot tea and having a warm hearty meal of oat meal.
Follow it up with snuggles with a warm little animal and that equals a morning of quiet contentment.
This oat meal combines a mellow Chai tea and honey flavor with the savory taste of butter toasted pecans.
With that flavor combo, my morning felt epic and a tad sophisticated. Today is going to be great.
After the successfully delicious creation of those Matcha green tea cookies, I was dreaming about creating this chai tea oatmeal as I fell asleep last night. This tea flavored oatmeal was seriously good, and now I am seriously hooked on tea flavored food. Now what to make next??? What other tea flavored foods do you think would be good?
- ½ cup milk (I used orignial almond milk)
- ⅔ cup oats
- 1 Chai tea bag
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 pecans
- 2 tsp butter (I used smart balance butter)
- pinch of salt
- Heat milk in microwave for 1 minute, then steep tea in warm milk
- While steeping, chop and toast pecans in a pan on medium heat in butter and a sprinkle of salt. Remove from heat.
- Take tea bag out of milk and mix in honey
- In bowl, mix oats and milk then microwave for 1 minute. For creamier oat meal, add extra tablespoon milk.
- Stir then lightly sprinkle top with cinnamon and add toasted pecans on top.